Urgent - Navigation disruption due to rail strike action
We have been informed by Network Rail that there will be disruption to the Broads navigation is due to the RMT Union (National Union of Rail, Maritime and Transport Workers) strikes on Tuesday 21, Thursday 23 and Saturday 25 June 2022.
The bridges will be affected as follows:
Somerleyton Swing Bridge – Restricted opening times.
- Closed on Wed 22 June daytime
- Operational from midnight Weds 22, until midnight on Thursday night (23)
- Closed on Friday (24)
- Operational for river traffic on Saturday (25)
Reedham Swing Bridge –
- Closed on Thursday from 06:00am Thursday 23 June until 07:00am Friday 24 June
- Saturday 25 June - Operational
Please call Network Rail for further information: Tel 0330 858 4655 / 03457 11 41 41.
Oulton Broad Swing Bridge – Unavailable for swings between the following times and will be left in the closed to navigation position:
- From 06:00am Tuesday 21 June until 07:00am Wednesday 22 June
- From 06:00am Thursday 23 June until 07:00am Friday 24 June
- From 06:00am Saturday 25 June until 07:00am Sunday 26 June
This is based on the assumption that all bridge operators will be withdrawing labour on these dates. There is a possibility that some staff may attend duty but at this point Network Rail cannot confirm if this will be the case.
For further information please contact Network Rail directly, the Broads Authority has no further details.
For Oulton Broad swing bridge: Tel 0330 852 5351.
For Reedham Swing Bridge: Tel 0330 858 4655.
For Somerleyton Swing Bridge: Tel 0330 858 4656.
General enquiries: 24 hour helpline :03457 11 41 41
Tuesday 14 June 2022