CanoeingTolls are needed for any vessels kept or used within the Broads Authority's navigation area or adjacent waters.

They must have:

Charges are based on square metre area and go up as the area increases. The amount they increase by depends on the different type of craft.


Every vessel kept in the Broads area for more than 28 days must also be registered with the Broads Authority. Registration is free.

An Application for Registration and Payment of Toll form needs to be completed when transferring a previously registered craft into your ownership as well as for craft that are new to the Broads.

For craft being registered with the Authority for the first time you will be issued with adhesive marks for each vessel. These show the Broads registration number which stays with the vessel even if she is sold or otherwise disposed of.

Registration marks must be permanently displayed on the vessel. Please refer to the leaflet Display of Registration Marks.