Compliments, comments and complaints
We welcome feedback both positive and negative because it helps us to improve and develop our standards.
You can ask us questions as well as send your comments via the online contact form.
We have hardworking and committed staff, willing and open to views from the public and, wherever possible, we strive to keep you informed by explaining our actions in a clear and honest way.
We are open to compliments, complaints and comments and would like to hear from you whether you want to tell us:
- a service has impressed you
- a service is not up to standard
- we have acted or have failed to act in an appropriate way
- you have concerns about a policy of the Broads Authority.
If you are submitting a complaint and are not satisfied with the outcome through using our contact form, the full complaints procedure is explained in this section through the links on the left-hand menu and in our Submitting complaints, compliments and general comments public guidance (pdf). If you then decide would like to submit a complaint, please see our How to complain web page.
You may also be interested in reading our Customer Service Standards (pdf) before submitting your feedback.
In considering your complaints and comments we will:
- Listen sympathetically to your views
- Clearly explain our policies and decisions
- Write to you using plain English
- Reply to your letters promptly and keep you informed of our progress in investigating your complaint.
Submitting a claim against the Authority
If you wish to submit a claim against the Broads Authority on behalf of a client, providing the claim is within scope, please submit via the Portal. Otherwise please direct your claim in writing to our insurers at the address below quoting policy number QLA-09W403-0013
2 Gladiator Way
Direct or un-represented claimants
Please write to the Broads Authority in the first instance addressing your claim as follows :-
Finance Assistant (Insurance)
62-64 Thorpe Road