The Broads Authority has statutory obligations to progressively publish metadata and data for datasets within the scope of the INSPIRE Regulations 2009. These datasets are listed in Annex A with details of third party licencing and required attribution.
Datasets published by the Broads Authority to meet their legal obligations under the EU INSPIRE directive are licenced under the following terms.
- Unless the Data contains, or is derived (in whole or in part) from, third party data the Data may be used free of charge for Non-Commercial use by individuals
- Where the Data contains, or is derived (in whole or in part) from third party data to which the Broads Authority holds a licence there may be additional constraints placed on you as described in paragraph 4.
|Non-Commercial||Any purpose that is not Commercial|
|Commercial||Any Use of the Data, or the provision or receipt of a Service, that involves making a Financial Gain. The Broads Authority's definition of Commercial applies to organisations regardless of whether they are commercial or non-commercial (e.g. charitable)|
|Financial Gain||Where there is a revenue or credit above any reasonable costs that incurred in making available or supplying a copy of the Data. This includes activities making use of the Data that leads to, or was intended to lead to, income-generating work in any way whatsoever. Use View, disclose, reproduce, prepare derivative works, distribute copies, quote or review|
|Data||The data, documents or information (not including logos) made available by the Broads Authority|
|Service||The supply of data, documents, information, products, advice or services which incorporates or makes use of the Data|
|INSPIRE regulations||Means the INSPIRE Regulations 2009/3157|
- If you want to use the Data for a Commercial purpose you must obtain a licence from the Broads Authority.
- The Broads Authority retains the right to make a charge for Commercial use of the Data and abstain from issuing a licence for Commercial use.
- Data provided by the Broads Authority must not be copied, loaned or sold to any third party and must not be used by, or for, any other part of the users business, other than for that indicated and agreed in the original data request. If a different use of Broads Authority data is required please make a further request to the Broads Authority (01603 610734) outlining the proposed use of the data.
- The Broads Authority copyright must be acknowledged for the data they have provided, along with the year of provision. It is the responsibility of the individual who requests the data to ensure that any subsequent publication, summary or analysis, utilising the requested Broads Authority data, appropriately acknowledges this provision in any printed, electronic or visually presented outputs.
- Electronic storage of Broads Authority data is permitted, but we request that a copy of this data disclaimer be stored in the same folder as any copies of the data provided.
- Data will be of varying accuracy and currency, and may have been created for a different purpose than that for which the user intends to use it. The user should be aware of this when making decisions based upon the data. The Broads Authority does not accept any liability or responsibility for decisions, and matters arising from decisions, made based upon the provided data.
- The Data may contain, or be derived (in whole or in part) from, third party data to which the Broads Authority a holds licence; the third party data supplier often retains rights in the Data. If this is the case the Broads Authority will endeavour to inform you (at the time of supply) of third parties that retain rights to the Data, the appropriate third party specific terms will then apply which may be more restrictive than those applying to Broads Authority owned Data. However, the Broads Authority accepts no liabilities for any failure to provide a notice of such third party retained rights.
- Where a dataset is derived from multiple third party datasets including data licenced under the Open Government Licence all third party licencing terms apply. If the data is derived from both OS OpenData and data licenced under the Ordnance Survey Public Sector End User Licence – INSPIRE, then the Ordnance Survey Public Sector End User Licence – INSPIRE attribution statement should be used, along with any other third party attribution required under the OGL.
- The Broads Authority confirms it has the right to issue the following third party data licences/terms:
Ordnance Survey Public Sector End User Licence - INSPIRE
If the Data contains or is derived in whole or in part from Ordnance Survey data and has been released by the Broads Authority under the INSPIRE Regulations the terms of the Public Sector End User Licence – INSPIRE will apply. The following statement should be added to all products:
“Contains, or is derived from, information supplied by Ordnance Survey. © Crown copyright and database right [insert year of supply]. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100021573-EUL.”
If you intend to incorporate Ordnance Survey base or derived data that has been separately sourced you should add the licence numbers for each source of data to the above statement.
If the Data is derived in whole or in part from Bluesky or Geoperspectives aerial imagery the terms of the Open Government Licence will apply (Annex B). Bluesky must be acknowledged as an Information Provider using the following statement:
© Bluesky 2004
If the Data is derived in whole or in part from GeoPerspectives aerial imagery the terms of the Open Government Licence will apply (Annex B). GeoPerspectives must be acknowledged as an Information Provider using the following statement:
© GeoPerspectives 2006
These ToU are made under the laws of England and Wales and come under the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Telephone: 01603 610734
Address: Yare House
62 -64 Thorpe Road
|INSPIRE Identifier||Dataset||Data Provider||Additional Licence Terms|
|BA00001||Development Control Polygons||Ordnance Survey PSMA data||Annex B|
|BA00002||Tree Preservation Orders (Points)||Ordnance Survey PSMA data||Annex B|
|BA00003||Tree Preservation Orders (Polygons)||Ordnance Survey PSMA data||Annex B|
|BA00004||Broads Authority Centre Line||OS Open Data and Bluesky aerial imagery||Annex C & D|
|BA00005||Broads||Ordnance Survey PSMA data||Annex B|
|BA00006||Landscape Character Areas||Ordnance Survey PSMA data & Geoperspectives||Annex B & C|