How we work
Find out how we work at the Broads Authority, including our governance, annual reports, strategies and plans for the Broads.
The Broads Authority's commitment is to:
- Be well known and in touch with local people and interested parties
- Be respected for its innovative research and projects
- Have a close working relationship between a team of informed members and a dedicated staff with clear goals who enjoy working for the Authority
- Have an efficient and effective operation that makes good use of public money
- Have sufficient resources to make the big impact on the Broads that is required to fulfil the Authority's statutory functions and meet its ambitious objectives
- Demonstrate sustainable practices.
'Corporate governance' is about the culture, values and processes that government bodies use to make sure they are doing the right things in the right way. This includes our Annual Governance Statement and Code of Corporate Governance.
In 2017 we chose to have a governance Peer Review, conducted by the Local Government Association.
Our vision and objectives for the Broads are set out in the Broads Plan, guiding strategies and the Broads Local Plan. Visit the strategy page to see more about these documents.
We produce an annual report summarising progress within the financial year, outlining our financial position and giving an update on our organisational structure. Find our most recent annual report and an archive of previous reports below.
- Annual Report 2022/23
- Annual Report 2021/22
- Annual Report 2020/21
- Annual Report 2019/20
- Annual Report 2018/19
- Annual Report 2017/18
- Annual report 2016/2017
Annual Business Plans
Our Business Plan gives an overview of our work priorities for the coming year. It is a link between the Broads Plan, which sets the high level partnership strategy for the Broads, and the Authority’s Directorate work plans.
- Business plan 2023/2024
- Business plan 2022/2023
- Business plan 2021/2022
- Business plan 2020/2021
- Business plan 2019/2020
- Business plan 2018/2019
- Business plan 2016/2017
The Broads Authority and the English National Park Authorities have an annual set of key performance indicators to show how each authority is performing year on year, and to assess performance across the national parks. Click on the links below to see the latest datasets. The indicator for Promoting Understanding (PU) is shown separately as a descriptive (rather than numeric) indicator.
- NPA performance indicators 2017/18
- NPA performance indicators 2017/18 (PU)
- NPA performance indicators 2018/19
- NPA performance indicators 2018/19 (PU)
- NPA performance indicators 2019/20
- NPA performance indicators 2019/20 (PU)
Budgets, annual accounts and other finance reports are in our spending section.