Working for us
Working for the Broads Authority offers you a rewarding career in helping to conserve, enhance and promote the Broads – the UK's largest protected wetland, an important inland waterway and a proud member of the National Park family.
We promote a healthy work-life balance; providing a supportive working environment with opportunities for professional development and membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme. We operate under the core values of commitment and being caring, open and honest, sustainable and exemplary.
We value the importance of every individual across the organisation, holding all staff meetings and Staff Development Days with activities, training and outdoor visits to help keep you informed and engaged with our diverse scope of work.
You'll have the chance to job shadow colleagues from Rangers and Environment Officers to our Planning and Communications teams, and visit other members of the National Park family to experience their unique landscapes.
You’ll have access to discounts with national partners such as Columbia Clothing and Forest Holidays, as well as discounts with local organisations and schemes to assist with sustainable travel.
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible working hours for certain roles
- Professional development and job shadowing opportunities
- Generous annual leave (increasing with service) and bank holiday allocation
- Two additional days leave at Christmas
- Opportunity to purchase up to 10 additional days of annual leave
- Continuous Local Government service recognised for certain benefits
- Family-friendly policies on maternity and paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programme and occupational health surveillance
- Columbia workwear
- Travel benefits including loans, discounted travel and cycle to work scheme
- Eye test vouchers and discounted glasses (for DSE users)
- Opportunity to join Wherry Dragon Credit Union
- Staff discounts in our Visitor Centres and with organisations including Columbia Clothing, Grange Hotels, Forest Holidays, Cicerone and Vodafone
- Opportunity to join the Society of National Parks Staff (SNPS) offering regular social events, study visits to other National Parks and funding for additional training courses
Interested? Why not check out our careers webpage and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn for job opportunities. Visit our news area to find write-ups of our staff's job shadowing opportunities and visits to other National Parks.