The Broads Authority maintains a register of members' interests in which the members of the Broads Authority register their interests in accordance with the Broads Authority's Code of Conduct for Members. This Register of Interests is open to public inspection at the Broads Authority's office in Norwich, or you can view this information on the individual member's page.
Under the Localism Act 2011, the Authority is required to appoint one or more Independent Persons to assist the Authority in promoting and maintaining high standards of conduct among its Members.
An Independent Person must be consulted on a decision to investigate a complaint and before a decision is made on a complaint. An Independent Person may be consulted on other Code of Conduct issues, including by the Member who is the subject of the complaint.
Two Independent Persons have been appointed: Christine Lee and Amanda Orchard.
Here you'll find links to constitutional documents.
- Code of conduct for members (pdf document)
- Broads Local Access Forum constitution (pdf document)
- Committee structure chart (pdf document)
- Code of conduct for members on Planning Committee and officers (pdf document)
- Guide for Local Authority appointments (pdf document)
- Members development protocol (pdf document)
- Policy on the management of unreasonable complainant behaviour (pdf document)
- Protocol on member and officer relations in the Broads Authority (pdf document)
- Scheme of members allowances (pdf document)
- Scheme of members allowances: total sum paid 2019-2020 (pdf document)
- Scheme of powers delegated to officers (pdf document)
- Arrangements for the exercise of powers by other officers (pdf document)
- Social media policy (pdf document)
- Standing orders (pdf document)
- Standing orders - procedure rules for remote meetings (pdf document)
- Terms of reference of committees (pdf document)